Are you looking for inexpensive, no frills shelving, that does the job, without a ton of work?
In our pantry, I wanted a shelving solution that worked – NOT a second kitchen to have to keep clean and tidy.
Our pantry isn’t huge, so I also wanted custom shelving that went wall to wall – no awkward gaps or not the right depth shelves to deal with. I only have one pantry, I want the shelving to be just right for it.
So I came up with this – a 2×4 framed pantry (for strength) topped with inexpensive 1×6 boards.
It’s not the most beautiful thing I’ve ever made or seen.
But after almost FIVE years of using it, it’s still going strong, still doing it’s job, and still keeping my kitchen super clean and beautiful. This is the no frills storage solution we needed.
DIY 2×4 Pantry Shelving Features
- Easy to build using 2x4s, 1x6s and construction screws
- Easy to customize in size for just about any space
- Open floor design, easy to clean underneath
- Strong and sturdy – can hold all the cans
- Thin shelves don’t take up vertical space
- Inexpensive to build
- Can be used in garages, closets, playrooms, mudrooms, laundry rooms – anywhere you need simple sturdy shelving!
Pantry Shelving Plans
This is a super easy build. You’ll want to customize for your space, so I’m not giving a specific cut list or shopping list.